Sawyer Mini water filter
The Mini Sawyer water filter is a filtration system using a membrane filter of 0.1 micron to capture bacteria and protozoa and make the water potable. Its life cycle is impressive, 375,000 liters.
Sawyer Mini is one of the lightest filtration systems in the world. Only 37 g for the filter and 86 g for the whole kit which also includes a reusable 0.5 L bag, a straw and a syringe to clean the filter. It is also compact since it fits in the palm of the hand. In other words, it will not clutter your backpack. You can even store it in a pocket.
Thanks to its hollow fibre membrane filtration system (0.1 micron), the Sawyer Mini water filter retains bacteria (such as salmonella) and protozoa (E. coli, etc.) and makes your water drinkable. This makes it an ideal accessory for hiking. Rather than overloading your bag with water, recharge the water bag as soon as you are near a water point (lake, river, etc.).
Besides its light weight and efficiency, the Sawyer Mini water filter is also renowned for its very long service life. It is effective for 375,000 litres of water. It will accompany you on many trips and expeditions.
Sawyer Mini water filter:
- A filter that does not require a replacement cartridge
- Ideally cleaned after each expedition
- Ideal for trekking, survival or even bikepacking
- directly aimed at its flexible flask or a plastic bottle (soda type)
- directly into a water source with the straw
- directly connected to your water bag