Are you a keen hiker? For one reason or another, you have probably opted for a purely organic diet? There are organic freeze-dried foods to help you through your expeditions. Find out everything you need to know about organic freeze-dried products.
Organic freeze-dried meals
You can see that organic farming is becoming more and more popular these days. This is not really surprising if you consider the health benefits. As freeze-drying of food is applicable to everyone, there are companies that produce organic freeze-dried food.
Where to find them?
Freeze-dried food is not generally available. Organic products, as you often see them on the shelves, are expensive. They are produced by agriculture without specific inputs, just natural. This does not make their development easy. Also, the production yield is not high. To compensate for the expenses, they are sold at a slightly higher price than products from intensive agriculture.
Few companies take the risk of investing in this field. We are not aware of all the companies that do, but we can tell you about some popular ones. For the brands
with a proven track record in the organic field, we can mention :
- LYO FOOD: This Polish company is active in all areas of freeze-drying foods. Its organic products comply with government standards;
- M×3 BIO: this is a French company that focuses on organic freeze-drying. It is not only involved in organic products, however, even though it has set up a department for them;
- VOYAGER: like M×3, it is also a French brand of organic products. In France, these two companies have a proven track record in organic freeze-dried products.
This list may grow over time, as new competitors on the market try to follow in the footsteps of these pioneers. When you need organic freeze-dried food, don't hesitate to turn to us. We have several organic products from these leading suppliers.
Some organic products to compose your hiking menus
We have menus for all times of the day.
In the morning
To brighten up your wake-up call during your expeditions, we have breakfasts
you can take to start your day.
- Energy Nature Organic Muesli: This is an easy-to-carry breakfast from M×3; it weighs only 135g with packaging. It is made up of different cereals blended together to please your taste buds and to ensure a high carbohydrate intake. It costs €5.65 and has an energy value of 472 Kcal;
- Organic apple, cranberry, cinnamon and chia seed porridge: a product of the LYO FOOD brand, it costs 5.90 euros. It is a 70g vegan dish adapted to be gluten and lactose free.
- Organic Chocolate Energy Muesli: a recipe with an energy value of 471 Kcal, rich in proteins, carbohydrates and which can also be used as a dessert. It is a little energy reserve for 5.65 euros.
In the afternoon or evening
At these two times of the day, it is ideal as a shipper to replenish your energy with a meal that makes you feel good. Time for rest is precious and good rest after physical exertion means good nutrition. The articles in our shop for these moments are the following:
- Organic oriental semolina and chicken: a pure delight for less than 7 euros. A meal ready in 10 minutes with hot water, rich in carbohydrates and without additives. Good for giving you a big boost.
- Sliced chicken with rice and organic apples: this is a very tasty recipe from Normandy and costs 7.10 euros;
- Organic chana masala: this is a sandwich alternative that you will surely want to have during a lunch break for 3.60 euros.
Snack or dessert range
The most common ones to be seen in the dessert
range are organic fruits
. However, we also offer drinks and some other snacks. You can see:
- Red drink bio - Vitaminée: this is an organic vitaminised energy drink, very good to regain energy without ruining your health;
- Organic apple banana compote.
Advantages for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts
Organic freeze-dried meals
have several advantages for hikers and other expeditioners.
Good physical health
Freeze-dried products are an advantage for hikers. They provide the body with the essential nutrients it needs. Freeze-drying is a process that takes place without chemical additions. As a result, freeze-dried organic products remain organic. So you don't have to worry about the quality of the products. From plant products to animal products, everything is organic and healthy.
This means that you are less likely to contract certain diseases such as cancer, obesity or other pesticide-related diseases. These foods are healthy and of very good nutritional quality. As a result, the risk of indigestion is reduced. Organic freeze-dried products contain less elements such as gluten, fat and sugar.
Taste and appearance
Organic products are said to be the juiciest and tastiest, and have a better appearance. The freeze-drying process leaves these details intact. In fact, an organic freeze-dried product will always have the same taste and characteristics as the original product. Even with the addition of water, the flavour is still very pronounced. Not only do you get the same product as before, but with less fat and excess nutrients.
Contrary to what you might think, organic freeze-dried foods are not as expensive. In fact, they are more affordable to manage than non-freeze-dried foods. When you think about how much you could spend on certain organic fruits, the choice is quickly made when it comes to freeze-dried products. Read moreReduce