Bacalhau à Brás
Real Turmat has cooked a meal with fish: Cod in curry sauce. It is a freeze-dried product, packaged in a vacuum pouch, with only natural ingredients. This meal of 85 g before rehydration is light and will be easy to carry in your backpack in order to vary your diet during your activities.
A quick anecdote: apparently this dish originated in Lisbon and was cooked by a tavern keeper by the name of Brás (Blaise, in French). Bacalhau meaning ‘cod’ in our language, Bacalhau à Brás therefore means Blaise’s Cod. Reals
Turmat’s recipe takes this Portuguese specialty and consists of cod, potatoes, onions, tomatoes and peppers. It was first cooked from ingredients before being freeze-dried. This helps to retain the flavors and nutrients of the food.
This freeze-dried meal provides more than 400 kcal and especially comfort after a day of hiking or ocean racing. Ready in less than 10 minutes, it is compact and light before rehydration, which allows it to be transported without cluttering or weighing down your backpack.
The Bacalhau à Brás from Real Turmat:
- An ideal freeze-dried meal trekking, mountaineering or for the Marathon des Sables
- Designed by Real Turmat, a famous brand of freeze-dried dishes
- Packaged in a resealable bag with a water line to measure the water
|Composiion||per 100g||per product|
|Energy value (Kcal)||476||405|
|Energy value (kJ)||1996||1697|
|Of which saturated fat (g)||4||3.4|
|Of which sugars (g)||9.2||7.8|
|Dietary fibre (g)||7.1||6|
- 1. Open upper tear mark. Add hot water (70-100°C) according to fill line.
- 2. Make sure to stir well. Close the zip-lock and leave to rest for 8 min.
- 3. Adjust with water to your preference. Rip open the pouch at lower tear mark.