Can you really heat up a meal without a stove ?
Yes, you can ! Thanks to the self-heating systems that feature an internal heating system. Such systems are mainly used by the army, emergency services, reporters on assignment, but also by ocean racers, airsofters, kayakers … They allow you to enjoy a hot tasty authentic meal in 10 minutes under all circumstances.
That is to say, a system that allows you to eat a hot meal without carrying all your camping gear with you !
2 self-heating systems are available for the meals we offer :
- OutMeals flameless heaters, allowing you to warm up pre-cooked meals, they only can be used once
- Adventure Menu heaters, which are self-heating meals in a pouch, for less waste
Here is our complete information about each of the self-heating systems and the way to use them :
This is just a pouch with its integrated heater, water allowing the chemical reaction is not included (60 ml).
The heating element comprises (stabilized) aluminum and sodium hydroxide.
It can only heat up sterilized meals, the heater being too small for freeze-dried meals.
This product only can be used once.
How to use your flameless heater :
- Tear open the top side of the heater bag along the dotted area. Insert your unopened meal pouch inside the flameless heater bag.
- Add water up to the fill line as shown on the pouch (50 ml, water is not included in the flameless heater).
- Fold the opening bag over the meal pouch and use the provided sticker to keep it closed. Lay the reactive pad on its bottom and place on a flat safe surface.
- After 10-12 minutes, your meal is hot and ready to serve – caution, contents will be hot !
This is a reusable bag to be used with 20g or 50g heating capsules. The heating capsules are disposable and can be used once. A 20g heating capsule can warm up a 400-500 g meal while the 50g heating capsule can warm up two 400-500 g meals.
The zipper bag can be used more than once so don’t discard it, and it can withstand a temperature of up to 100°C.
It can heat any type of sterilized or freeze-dried meals. For freeze-dried meals, just rehydrate your meals with cold water.
To activate the heating system, you need to add 60 ml of water for the smaller 20 g heating capsule and 150 ml of water for the larger 50 g heating capsule.
How to use your zipper bag :
- Remove the heating cap (20g or 50g capsules) and place it on the bottom of the Adventure Menu zipper bag.
- Put the unopened meal pouch into the reusable zipper bag.
- Measure 60 ml (for 20g heaters or capsules) or 150 ml (for 50g capsules) of water using an empty bag of warming capsule.
- Pour the water into the Adventure Menu zipper bag and close it.
- After 12 minutes, carefully remove the heated meal pouch.
Caution : After activation of the self-heater, the temperature of the heating capsule can reach 100°C. Do not touch the heating capsule during or after the chemical reaction occurs. Only use the product to warm up food. Do not eat capsule contents. Use in a well ventilated area. Do not inhale. Discard with trash. Contents react with water. Can be corrosive.
Safety instructions : keep out of reach of children. Store sealed package in a dry place. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately and seek medical advice. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. This product must be neutralized safely. In case of accident or discomfort, seek medical advice immediately. Contains: Calcium Oxide.
Complete packs are available, like the Survival Food Pack which contains two sterilized meals made up of 100% natural ingredients, 2 20g heating capsules and a reusable zipper bag. The whole pack can be kept up to 6 years from the date of production at room temperature.
Several Survival Food Packs are available with the following menus :
- Menu 1 : Beef Goulash with potatoes / Tender chicken with vegetable medley : https://www.freezedriedandco.co.uk/A-7475-survival-foodpack-menu-1-autochauffant-6-ans.aspx
- Menu 3 : Pork ribs with potatoes / Chicken thighs with brown rice and bacon : https://www.freezedriedandco.co.uk/A-7479-survival-foodpack-menu-3-autochauffant-6-ans.aspx
- Vegan Menu : Tandoori Quinoa and Vegetable Risotto with Tofu : https://www.freezedriedandco.co.uk/A-7480-survival-foodpack-menu-vegan-autochauffant-6-ans.aspx